The 2014 Brake Fleet Safety Forum Award winners were announced at a gala dinner, last night in Solihull, Birmingham, with a record attendance of nearly 300 guests.
There was significant competition for the awards with 112 entries received from more than 40 organisations this year. The full list of winners is below.
More than 100 delegates attended Brake's Fleet Safety Conference, which was also on yesterday and featured speakers on a range of road safety topics. Manager guidance reports on these topics will be published by Brake over the coming months.
To celebrate the Awards, Brake is offering a special 25% discount to companies who want to reduce their road risk by joining Brake's Fleet Safety Forum, a not-for-profit service for fleet managers.
The Fleet Safety Forum is a low-cost subscription service offering free training, tools, and resources to companies with at-work drivers, to help them in reducing their road risk.
Annual subscription costs £155 +VAT and subscribers receive: free and discounted access to Brake's professional events; free training in Brake's Pledge to stop dangerous and unnecessary driving; e-bulletins containing the latest initiatives and research in fleet and road safety from across the globe; password access to the Brake Professional website containing guidance for managers and a host of resources for drivers and posters.
Any company that joins the Fleet Safety Forum before Friday June 20, quoting code fsf-conf-14, will receive a 25% discount on their first year's subscription.
- Company Driver Safety Award (small fleet): Castrol Lubricants
- Company Driver Safety Award (medium fleet): Ocado
- Company Driver Safety Award (large fleet): Travis Perkins
- Eco Fleet Award: Tristar Worldwide Chauffeur Services
- Fleet Safety Analysis and Action Award: E.ON UK
- Fleet Safety Innovation Award (operator): Mitie
- Fleet Safety Innovation Award (supplier) Mix Telematics
- Fleet Safety Partnership Award: BT and Interactive Driving Systems
- Fleet Safety Product Award: Mix Telematics
- Road Safety in the Community Award: Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service
- Safe Vehicles Award: Speedy Asset Services
- Road Risk Manager of the Year Award: Neil Shaw (Ocado)
- Best Newcomer to Road Risk Management: Rachel Downs (Travis Perkins)
Kevin Storey Award for Outstanding Commitment to Road Safety: Hunter Abbott (AlcoSense)
Further information on joining Brake Professional can be found here.